The Guarded Life
If problems come my way, I look downtown
- Or on the web, or to my family
- Will I receive support from there, them? Some,
- Perhaps. But God the Lord will always help.
He guards you, without sleep, you will not fall
- The Guardian's eyes will never close to rest
- God guards your life, a shadow by your side
- The hail won't scratch you, no sun scorch your back
No moon or nightmare harm your mind at night
- The Lord will guard your path, your feet from pits
- He watches you arrive, depart as well.
- He did, he does, he will, forever, guard you
Two sets of footprints for each step you took
- But one for every step he carried you
Adapted from Psalm 121, a psalm for pilgrims.