(c) Arike van de Water 2007-2009
I sat like stone and dreamt my time away
- Imaginings flitted idly and I prayed
- To Power, "Grant one!" But my hands were stayed.
- Ill confidence's what kept the words at bay;
- The solitude, sublime and silence grate;
- This striving for perfection courage ate.
- No product came from sitting still to wait
- Behind barred windows and a shuttered gate.
- Then life burst through the door and threw me out
- Into the city's wail or nature's shout,
- That did not matter much, it was about
- The living-seeing-hearing-smelling bout
- Which pounded me, when I went home, at last,
- With words, lines, stories, work to do and fast!